With the expense of a wedding being so high, sometimes people find it hard to justify spending that little bit “extra” on a professional Makeup Artist. Some may consider it to be self-indulgent or just plain unnecessary. I’d love to share with you my perspective on why it’s a worthwhile investment.
Although you may think that this is just a scheme to self-promote, I am also a newlywed who has been there and “spent that” on her wedding day. I do realize that everyone has different ideas of where it’s important to spend money on this once-in-a-lifetime event. Photography was very important to me personally because I wanted to tell the story of our day through pictures and not only have captured moments to look back on, but I wanted to share those memories with friends and family. I also knew that I would use these photos for Thank You cards, photobooks and more.
Photography on your wedding day may not be what excites you, though. Perhaps it’s having a reception location that blows the socks off your guests’ feet when they walk through the doors? Maybe you’ve envisioned yourself in a designer gown that will set you back a small fortune? Or perhaps you are going all out with your catering from a world-renowned chef. Whatever is most important to you is okay!
What you need to keep in mind is that whether you are inviting 10 or 200 guests, all eyes are on you, the Bride. You are the focal point, the highlight and the person that everyone wants their picture with. This is the time to show up, look more amazing than you ever have, and of course enjoy every minute of the day.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a Makeup Artist:
- A Makeup Artist uses professional products that are meant to last throughout the day and keep your makeup in place, through kisses, tears and many, many photos.
- A Makeup Artist knows techniques and tricks to highlight your best features, keeping the focus where you want it, whether that be your eyes, your cheekbones, your lips or your flawless skin.
- A Makeup Artist will apply your makeup in a way that looks good in both indoor and outdoor lighting, as well as colour or black and white photos. Your makeup will look classic and elegant, not dated, many years down the road.
- Having your makeup done by a Makeup Artist allows you to sit down, relax, reflect and enjoy what will be one of the best, but possibly the busiest, days of your life. This is your “get pampered moment” and time of calm before the wedding storm.
- If you hire a mobile Makeup Artist, all you need to do is wake up and let them get you ready. No rushing around, driving back and forth or wedding morning chaos. Relax in the comfort of your own home, hotel, or wherever you choose to get ready.
- Let’s face it, you might be a little nervous and/or excited and today is not the day to test your skills with a new set of false eyelashes or perfect your liquid eyeliner. Let a professional do it for you.
I never hear anyone say that they regret hiring a Makeup Artist for their wedding day. In fact, it’s often the opposite… “I should have”, “I wish I had”, etc. Take the time to research a Makeup Artist whose work you are drawn to and ALWAYS get a pre-wedding consultation. Happy planning Bride-to-Be!